City Works is a regular feature designed to provide a preview of upcoming city meetings including, but not limited to, Planning, Zoning and Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
The Planning Board met on Thursday, July 21. The following cases were reviewed and approved. If you missed the meeting or would like more information, the meeting is available to watch on-demand.
- CU2022-009 & SP2022-006: 25 Lowell Street, Ward 3. Board has requested that the commercial area on the first floor be expanded as part of the approval.
- PDSP2021-003: 1824 Front Street, Ward 12.
- CU2022-021: 655 Coolidge Ave, Ward 11.
- S2022-004: 39 Tougas Ave, Ward 6.
- CU2022-018 & SP2022-011: 351 Chestnut St, Ward 3.
- CU2022-019 & SP2022-012: Southeast Corner of Chestnut & Merrimack Streets, Ward 3.
BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen and committees will meet on Tuesday, August 2. Click on the links below to review agenda and related documents.
- 5:30 p.m. Committee on Bills on Second Reading (Aldermen Gamache, T. Sapienza, Fajardo, E. Sapienza, George-Kelly)
- 5:45 p.m. Committee on Community Improvement (Aldermen Stewart, Trisciani, E. Sapienza, Cavanaugh, Heath)
- 6:00 p.m. Committee on Public Safety, Health & Traffic (Aldermen Barry, Long Stewart, George-Kelly, Sharonov)
- 6:15 p.m. Special Committee on Airport Activities (Aldermen Barry, Long, Stewart, George-Kelly, Sharanov)
- 7:00 p.m. Board of Mayor and Aldermen, Committee on Finance
The Planning Board will hold its next public hearing on Thursday, August 4 at 6 p.m. This meeting will available to watch on Manchester Public Television, Channel 22. The full Agenda and Project Applications are available on-line for each of the projects below. If you are not able to attend a public hearing and would like to comment on a project, you may send an email to email@example.com.
S2022-006: 141 and 149 Huntress Street, Residential Two-Family Zoning District, Ward 10
Applicant submitted a subdivision application for a lot line adjustment concerning existing encroachments and resulting in no new buildable lots of record.
SP2022-014: 607 Chestnut Street, Urban Multifamily Zoning District, Ward 3
Applicant submitted a change of use site plan application to revise the interior of the existing Goodwin Funeral Home to a 15-bedroom congregate housing facility.
CU2022-022: 240 Pinecrest Road, Residential One-Family Medium Density Zoning District, Ward 1
Applicant submitted a conditional use permit application to construct a 1,196 SF Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) on the second floor of a proposed three-stall garage attached to an existing single-family dwelling.
S2020-008: Dunbar Street and Sundial Avenue, Redevelopment Zoning District, Ward 9
Applicant requests an additional one-year extension of conditional approval originally granted by the Planning Board on August 20, 2020, to construct a 160-unit multi-family building, with associated site improvements.
SP2019-016: 409 Elm Street, Central Business and Arena Overlay Zoning Districts, Ward 3
Applicant requests a review of building signage and lighting per the original conditions of site plan approval.
LIMITED BUSINESS HEARING
The following cases will be decided during the Limited Business Hearing:
- S2020-008: Dunbar Street and Sundial Avenue, Redevelopment Zoning District, Ward 9
- SP2019-016: 409 Elm Street, Central Business and Arena Overlay Zoning Districts, Ward 3