A weekly update from the Manchester Economic Development Office (MEDO), Jodie Nazaka and Erik Lesniak.
Join us on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at the Rex Theater for a special Community Presentation and help uncover Manchester’s Authentic Story. Click here to RSVP.
⇒ More info on the Branding and Marketing Initiative, opportunities to get involved, and to stay up-to-date on the project, can be found by clicking here.
Birds Are Back
Bird Scooters are back and can be found around downtown Manchester at Victory Park/Garage, Veterans Memorial Park, Stanton Plaza, City Hall Plaza, Arms Park, the Millyard, Delta Dental Stadium at the entrance to the rail trail and other locations. Download the Bird app go.bird.co to find a scooter near you and go for a ride.
2023 Movies in the Park Announced
Movies in the Park will be held this year at a new location: Victory Park (across from the library).
Movies begin at 8 p.m.
Find the Full Movie Schedule Here
Transit to Trails Program
Transit to Trails – Free bus trips to state and city parks returns for a second year.
This program will once again transport people at no cost from Downtown Manchester to trails, state parks, and water destinations on the first Saturday of each month, from June through October.
Manchester’s Master Plan
Adopted by the Planning Board in August 2021, the plan is a guide for physical development, as well as the strategic development of a vibrant, walkable, and healthy place to live, work and play.
You can click here to download the full plan.
- Congratulations to the Bookery on their 5-year anniversary.
- Congratulations to William and Sons Coffee Co. on the opening of their 489 Amory St. location on the West Side.
Coming soon to Manchester…
- The Birch On Elm (new location in the former Noodz space Downtown)
- Mia’s Kitchen (former space of Queen City Cupcakes Downtown)
- Barcode (former Beers and Cheers and Old Cobbler location Downtown)
- MIU Café (1500 S. Willow St. Mall of New Hampshire)
- HOTWORX 24-hour Infrared Fitness Studio (1045A Hanover Street)
- Taco Bell (Hooksett Road next to the North End Shops at Livingston Park)
- Aroma Joes (Hooksett Road next to the North End Shops at Livingston Park)
- KS Restaurant (1105 Elm St. in the former Mint Bistro spot)
- Bayona Cafe (New Location at 150 Dow St.)
- Stash Box (next to Diz’s Café)
- Custom Teez (1500 S. Willow St.)
- Woodstacker Beer Company (in the former Campery space next to The Bookery at 850 Elm St.)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts – 1051 S. Willow St. (Manchester Run Plaza)
The events listed below are events that have gone through the Special Events Application and Permit process.
- 2023 New England Amateur Disc Golf – May18 -21 – Hollows Disc Course
- Walk to Cure Arthritis – May 20 (no road closures) – Delta Dental Stadium (rail trail)
- Paws for Prevention – May 20, Derryfield Park
- Walk Against Hunger – May 21 (no road closures) – Veterans Park
- Mayhem Wrestling – May 21 – Stark Brewing Co.
- Manchester Community College Graduation – May 23 Delta Dental Stadium
- Eddie Chambers 5k – May 27 – Livingston Park
- Memorial Day Parade & Wreath Laying – May 29
- Elm St. – Parade, Veterans Park for Wreath Laying
- Street Closures for the Parade will begin around 1:30 p.m. on Elm Street and will remain closed for about 90 minutes
- There will be a ceremony in Veterans Memorial Park immediately following the parade
- The Parade begins on Elm Street at Webster Street in the North End and proceeds South, to Veterans Memorial Park.
- Mums Pop-Up Community Market from 4 – 7 p.m. (see attached flyer) at Shahen-Basquil Park – 380 Lincoln St. Scheduled Dates:
SNHU Arena Events
- Hollywood Vampires May 30
- WWE Supershow June 4
- Bill Burr Live Sept. 30
- Jurassic World Live! November 10-12
New Hampshire Fisher Cats
Fisher Cats VS Binghamton – May 16-21
Palace Theatre Events
- Paul Reiser from Stranger Things and Mad About You<https://palacetheatre.org/events/paul-reiser/> – 5/19
- Stayin Alive – One Night of the Bee Gees May 20
- Let’s Dance 2023 – May 21
Rex Theatre Events
- Friday Night Comedy at the Rex – Jimmy Cash and Friends – May 19
- The Songs of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber – May 20
- Music Matters May 21
- “Cabaret Palace Teen Apprentice May 23-25
- The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe – May 19 at 7 p.m., May 20 at 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. and May 21 at 2 p.m. – The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
- The Wild Women of Winedale – June 2-4
- Nunsense 2 – Aug. 11-13
Manchester City Library
Check out the list of upcoming events happening at the Manchester City Library
LNA Health Careers May 23 – 2 – 4:30 p.m., 70 Market St.
Manchester Economic Development Office (MEDO)
One City Hall Plaza
Manchester, NH 03101
Phone: (603) 624-6505
Fax: (603) 624-6308
Click here to email our team
Office Hours – Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. *Please call ahead to schedule a meeting or appointment.